31 July 2014 — Under the leadership of Mr. Klaus-Dieter Naujok the MoU/MG Proof of Concept for Semantic Interoperability team held is first meeting.
The team agree to accept Illumonus’ offer to host five separated SKOS system to simulate a federated network consisting of the central system and four domain specific systems for ISO 7372 (UNTDED), ISO 20022 ISO 20022 (Universal financial industry message scheme), UN/CEFACT’s Core Component Library (CCL) and OAGIS Remittance Advice.
The following Work plan was approved:
- Phase 1 – Technical feasibility and effort required to use SKOS.
- Phase 2 – Selecting a set of Top Terms for the PoC that are of cross-domain interest.
- Agreement was reached to use the following Top Terms for this project: Address, Amount (Price), Date, Time, Party
- Phase 3 – Collaboratively review the narrow concepts and mappings submitted, falling under the Top Terms of phase 2.
- Phase 4 – Explore the best ways to work towards interoperability across domains using a central SKOS system that links to domain specific SKOS systems include governance of the central system’s concept entries.
- Phase 5 – Summary and Conclusion for report to MoU/MG